Special Events Associate
ACCESS is looking to grow its Development and Marketing department and is hiring for a Special Events Associate to join its dynamic and hard-working team. The Special Events Associate provides valuable support to ACCESS by planning successful, engaging ACCESS events that raise funds for the mission of ACCESS. This position supports the Annual Programs Coordinator to develop community and corporate relationships through special events as well as furthering the cultivation and stewardship of both individual and corporate supporters.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & BASIC DUTIES
- Plan and execute annual fundraising events to help offset operating expenses. Events include but are not limited to:
- Healthy Habits Week (April annually)
- Starry Starry Night (October annually)
- ACCESS Cup Golf Tournament (May annually)
- Bingo Bash! (July annually)
- ACCESS Open: Serving Success Tennis tournament (September annually)
- Manage online event platforms, including data entry of event sponsors, attendees, and other relevant details
- Keep events new and sponsorship benefits competitive with other nonprofit events
- Serve as liaison and develop relationships with vendors
- Responsible for third party management of delivery vehicles, photographers, florist, catering, and transportation services to ensure seamless presentation and positive brand experience
- Work with the event committees to secure sponsorships, auction items, prizes, and awards for all events
- Maintain sponsorship and sales sheets for pledges, generate invoices in a timely manner, and track payments of event sponsorships and sales
- Work with and give guidance to volunteers and staff involved in event planning and execution
- Track and thank event sponsors, attendees, and volunteers
- Work with Annual Programs Coordinator to budget expenses and project income for special events
- Plan and execute events within an approved budget
- Conduct detailed, precise, post-event evaluations
- Work with the Annual Programs Coordinator to maintain detailed event payments, donations, and issue tax letters in a timely manner
- Continuously look to grow volunteer base for events
- Work with Marketing department to develop and execute a strategic digital marketing campaign to promote events and sponsors
- Support the Development and Marketing team through other duties as assigned
- Education/ Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, communications, public relations or a related field
- Experience/ Knowledge required:
- Minimum two years working in related field
- Event experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Customer oriented.
- Effective decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Effective analytical abilities.
- Strong strategic thinking, teamwork, situational leadership, planning and documentation skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stay calm in stressful moments.
- Flexible and very adaptable.
- Task oriented.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Illustrator preferred.
- Proficiency in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media platforms.
- Must be able to and willing to learn new technology platforms for event management.
- Ability to work with a variety of teams simultaneously.
- Must be donor-focused.
- Must maintain confidentiality and adhere to the Donor Bill of Rights.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Qualified candidates should EMAIL their cover letter and resume to email@example.com. EOE
LEARN MORE ABOUT ACCESS GROUP
Choose a page to dig deeper into what ACCESS can offer you!