Hydroponics Instructor & Greenhouse Manager
ACCESS is looking for a Horticulture Instructor and Greenhouse Manager to join our team! This individual cares for plants, provides students education and job coaching in the fields of horticulture through a working retail enterprise by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & BASIC DUTIES
- Student instruction; horticulture, care of plant material, propagation, inventory, record keeping, sales and customer service
- Job coaching; trains interns and VIP’s the essentials of horticulture and customer service
- Assists with other documentation related to student instruction and job coaching
- Manage activities to furnish desired outputs of products and services; plan, execute and direct operations to convert plant product into finished goods
- Inventory control: guide purchasing decisions to maintain correct inventory for each season and plan/maintain production schedule based on available space and other resources
- Establish, maintain, and adjust as necessary daily, weekly, and monthly schedules according to goals, sales, and projects
- Establish and maintain safety and security measures for the benefit of inventory, equipment, staff, and customers
- Quality control: ensure all plant products meet or exceed quality standards
- Merchandising and layout; organize and maintain seasonal changes of retail
- Receiving; confirm delivery schedules and coordinate receiving of products through the facility manager
PRESALES AND SALES MANAGEMENT
- Pricing; maintain pricing policies for all retail products and services
- Develop and market presales for vendors and sales for customers
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and customers, fulfilling commitments and timelines
- Develop and maintain a customer service program designed to increase sales, nurture customer relations to set ACCESS Gardens apart from other retailers in the market
- Ensure that vendor sales are documented with the number and product sold, include signature of the recipient, and are turned in the day of pickup/delivery
- Available for weekend and after hours work as needed
- Manages cash register; completes daily receipt reports and reconciliation, ensures the correct amount of cash and change is on hand to complete customer sales
- Manages inventory and pricing in our electronic data base and sales system, Clover
- Attends and actively participates in job related functions such as trade shows, conferences, peer reviews, mandatory trainings, staff workshops, etc.
- Represents the program to parents, visitors, and the public in a positive way
- Completes relevant and approved continuing professional education each year as required to maintain professional standards
- May perform other related or non-related duties, as assigned
- Treats people with respect.
- Keeps commitments.
- Inspires the trust of others.
- Works with integrity and ethically.
- Upholds organizational values.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Follows through on commitments.
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Demonstrates a commitment to excellence.
- Manages difficult or emotional client situations.
- Responds promptly to client needs.
- Solicits feedback to improve client care.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
SAFETY & SECURITY:
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Writes clearly and informatively.
- Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Varies writing style to meet needs.
- Presents numerical data effectively.
- Able to read and interpret written information.
- Must be licensed to drive in the State of Arkansas.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- One year of successful experience in a similar position working with individuals with developmental disabilities and/or special needs or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of successful experience in the horticulture or hydroponics industry
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide variety of people.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Basic computer skills which includes a working knowledge of database, word processing, spreadsheet, and Internet software.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a very busy environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies, and other company documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standard situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Minimal travel is required for this position.
- ACCESS drivers are required to maintain a valid Driver’s License, current auto liability insurance and registration, a clean driving record, and physical ability to drive to local locations.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. EOE
LEARN MORE ABOUT ACCESS GROUP
Choose a page to dig deeper into what ACCESS can offer you!